Surrounded by greenery, this impressive piece of architecture is a landmark of the Neroberg. The five golden towers with their onion-shaped domes are adorned with orthodox crosses. The basilica was constructed from 1849–1855 by Duke Adolf von Nassau in commemoration of his late consort, a Russian princess, who died giving birth to their first child. Her sarcophagus was carved in her memory, leaving a lasting impression on visitors. The church has a west and south entrance. The latter was once only meant for the Duke, but was closed permanently in 1917 after the fall of the Tsar Nicholas II. Visitors today can enter via the west entrance.