ELLIS ISLAND + STATUE OF LIBERTY
PHOTOS MAPS STREET VIEW

Arriving at the transit camp on Ellis Island, newcomers saw in the symbol of the city their first glimpse of the New World. The reception station, where twelve million immigrants were registered from 1892 to the time it was closed in 1954, opened as a museum in 1976. In the restored arrival hall extensive registers and records as well as photographs and interactive displays present information on the origins and fates of the new arrivals.

DISTRICT
New York Harbor
PHONE
+12016042800
WEBSITE
OPENING TIMES
Daily 9.30 am to 5 pm
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
4, 5 to Bowling Green
1, R to Rector Street
PRICE LEVEL
moderate
HIGHLIGHT TYPE
Sight
SEARCH BY CATEGORY
cool cities app collection