CENTRALE MONTEMARTINI
PHOTOS MAPS STREET VIEW

Built as an electrical power plant in 1912, the Centrale Montemartini was originally thought to be a temporary solution to house the collection of the Capitoline Museums, but then it quickly became a fixed part of the museum landscape. Old machines and motors form the backdrop for ancient statues, busts, and mosaics, the majority of which were discovered towards the end of the 19th century as new urban districts were developed in Rome.

DISTRICT
Ostiense
ADDRESS
PHONE
+39060608
WEBSITE
OPENING TIMES
Tue–Sun 9 am to 7 pm
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
Metro B Garbatella
PRICE LEVEL
budget
HIGHLIGHT TYPE
Museum / collection

PLACES AROUND

SEARCH BY CATEGORY
cool cities app collection