ASAMKIRCHE
PHOTOS MAPS STREET VIEW

If the Asam brothers had had their way, the church originally called St. Johann Nepomuk, built between 1733 and 1746, would be a private chapel. From their house on the neighboring property they could look directly at the high altar. But they yielded to protests and opened the Late Baroque wonder to the public, after all. Integrated into the line of house fronts, to this day the little church with the grandiose interior is something very special.

DISTRICT
Altstadt
ADDRESS
PHONE
+498923687989
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
U1, U2, U3, U6, U7, Tram 16, 17, 18, 27 Sendlinger Tor
HIGHLIGHT TYPE
Sight

PLACES AROUND

SEARCH BY CATEGORY
cool cities app collection