AKADEMIE DER BILDENDEN KÜNSTE MÜNCHEN
PHOTOS MAPS STREET VIEW

The elongated Renaissance complex opened in 1885 after 10 years of construction. Less than 100 years later, lack of space prompted the school to think about expanding. Between 2003 and 2005, the “architecture punks” at Coop Himmelb(l)au realized their concept, which was highly polarizing. While the annex has proportions similar to Gottfried von Neureuther’s original building, its design idiom is completely different: traditional austerity meets planned anarchy.

DISTRICT
Maxvorstadt
ADDRESS
PHONE
+498938520
WEBSITE
OPENING TIMES
Old building: Mon–Fri 7 am to 9 pm
Sat 10 am to 5 pm
New building: Mon–Fri 7 am to 8 pm
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
U3, U6 Universität

PLACES AROUND

SEARCH BY CATEGORY
cool cities app collection